USA Road Trip – Serious planning time – 1 of 8
We are two of the millions that want to travel as often as we can. Mortgages, commitments, cats and family prevent it from happening. Not to mention the money!!! (These reasons are in no particular order. I am not suggesting for one minute our cat is more important than family)
As a result, it is imperative we make the most out of the holidays we do take, (open dream bubble) until we win the lottery (close dream bubble). The planning for our next trip has already started, with the route planned, and a couple of hotels booked.
List of tasks to do are (again in no order, just as they come to me)
- Finalise significant hotels (Grand Canyon, Vegas (baby), SF and LA)
- Sort out our ESTA’s
- Confirm car hire which is booked, just need to finalise pick up etc
- Hats…it is quite hot and sunny where we are going!!
- New clothes
- Decent shoes
- SUN TAN LOTION
- Sat Nav maps for our GPS
- Investigating our stops and what to do there
- How to spend our 3 days traveling down the Pacific Coast Highway
- ….I’m sure there will be more
We have the necessary tools for planning. A cold beer, a Lonely Planet guide, and an ipad. This should give us enough to come up with some decent answers to the above.
First of all the hotels. We need places that are comfortable, within budget, and most importantly close to what we want to see.
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
We certainly do want to explore and discover where we are going.
As the title of the post indicate, this post is the first of 8. This being the introduction. The next seven will be a breakdown of the stops and location we are visiting.
These will be broken down as follows, each containing a snippet from the above list
- This post
- 2 of 8 = answers to the above bullet points
- 3 of 8 = Phoenix and Grand Canyon
- 4 of 8 = Las Vegas
- 5 of 8 = Route to SF, including Death Valley and Yosemite
- 6 of 8 = San Francisco
- 7 of 8 = Pacific Coast Highway – our route to LA
- 8 of 8 = LA
Feel free to sign up if you want to read more!!
Categories: USA Road Trip 2013